Icon Airflite Skull 18 Helmet
Picture it: Portland, OR, 2005 - a myriad of conservative motorcycle helmets overrun the market and take to the streets, flooding the lanes with graphics that only a mother could love. Three years deep into the scene, we decided to shake things up a bit by adding skulls into the mix with help from artist Tanner “Skull Guy” Goldbeck. ICON, always the trendsetter, blows the minds of the collective masses with one resounding boom. As an unexpected 1-2 punch with a 13-year break, we bring you the Airflite Skull. Same badass graphic, more badassness.
Note: helmet ships with CLEAR fliteshield only - Dark smoke sold separately. include Dark smoke internal drop down shield
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength
- 3 shell sizes: XS-SM, MD-LG, XL-3XL
- Includes clear Fliteshield only! Dark Smoke must be purchase separately
- Color-matched airfoil top spoiler
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
- Fog-free inner sun shield
- Quick-change fog-free face shield
- Removable side plates
- Molded breath deflector
- Chin curtain
- Removable Hydradry moisture wicking liner
- Recessed twin channel supervent cooling system
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE/ AUSTRALIA),
The helmet’s ventilation system consists of strategically placed air vents, intakes, air channels and exhaust ports. The oversized chinbar intake enhances airflow, keeping you cool by routing air where you need it most. A decrease of both drag and weight was achieved by sculpting the traditional neckline of the Airflite to avoid jacket or suit interference.
The Airflite has not one, but two shields. The unique quick-change fog-free shield keeps debris away from your money maker, while the internal interchangeable drop shield has the sun in check. No more swapping shields for cloudy or sunny days. Just reach up, flip the switch, and ride forever.
The removable sweat wicking Hydradry™ liner provides a snug and contoured fit. Air from the vents is channeled between the comfort liner and the protective,energy absorbing EPS foam liner to create a nearly perfect rider-focused interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the Hydradry™ liner to effectively reduce heat build up. Combine that with superior venting and a removable breath deflector which creates a nearly perfect rider-focused enclosure.